We live out our faith through hospitality which includes intentional practices and conversations that challenge us to imitate God’s welcome. We foster a sense of belonging and care for each other in our congregation and beyond.
Deacons are church members who are elected and ordained to serve in compassionate ways, such as:
- Assist the pastors with making additional visits to shut-ins and those hospitalized
- Coordinate transportation volunteers for transportation to church and other emergency needs
- Coordinate meal preparation in times of need
- Send cards of care and concern
- Coordinate the prayer chain
- Serve coffee, punch, & cookies at fellowship time after worship service
- Provide light refreshments at memorial services (see Funerals)
Trustees are church members who are elected to care for our church resources. They provide hospitality and care, in one way, by scheduling valets at the two entrances at Sunday worship during the winter months. The valets assist people from the drop off lane or from the handicap parking areas into the church building.
Prayer Shawl Ministry
The Prayer Shawl Ministry makes knitted and crocheted prayer shawls that are given to people in times of need of comfort. To request a prayer shawl for yourself or someone else, contact the office.