At GPC, we foster a sense of belonging and care for each other.
Some specific activities are coordinated by different committees.
The pastors make visits at care facilities and to the home-bound. Please make the pastors aware of any needs for visitation by contacting the office.
- Assist the pastors with making additional visits to shut-ins and those hospitalized
- Coordinate transportation volunteers for transportation to church and other emergency needs
- Coordinate meal preparation in times of need
- Send cards of care and concern
- Coordinate the prayer chain
- Serve coffee, punch, & cookies at fellowship time after worship service
- Provide light refreshments at memorial services (see Funerals)
The trustees schedule valets at the two entrances at Sunday worship during the winter months. The valets assist people from the drop off lane or from the handicap spots into the church building.
Prayer Shawl Ministry
The Prayer Shawl Group makes knitted and crocheted prayer shawls that are given to people in times of need of comfort.